North Carolina Trip Recap

North Carolina Trip Recap

Last week, my family and I went down to North Carolina for a family trip- part fun and part work. Today I'm sharing some pictures from the trip, as well as what we did. Enjoy.

Tuesday

Tuesday was mostly traveling. North Carolina is only five hours away from where we live, but if you've ever tried traveling with eight people, especially a few younger ones, then you know that getting places takes a while. Plus, we had a few stops on the way.

Our first stop was Williamsburg, because my mom wanted to get my youngest sister a hat like us two older girls have. We took a leg break and looked around a minute. I got some nice pictures while we were there.





Then we had one more stop, for my youngest brother. He's super into monster trucks, and we passed right by a place with several Grave Diggers (a famous one), so we had to stop. It was huge. My siblings and I took a picture with it and we look like a gang.


Look how huge this tire is! I was barely taller than it and I'm over five feet tall

Wednesday

Wednesday was probably one of my favorite days of the whole trip. Why? Because I finally got to see Roanoke Island. I've been fascinated with it for years, but never got to see it until now. It was cool. I can't wait until they finally find the actual fort and I can go see that. I can check that one off the bucket list.


Me with the earthworks, the only thing they've found so far

A replica of the boat they used to sail here
A cool, 50s style diner we stopped at for lunch. They had a jukebox and dance floor and everything


Then we did a little lighthouse hopping on the way back. We stopped by a shorter one in the water near Roanoke, and a taller black and white one on the way back. Both were quite pretty.



Thursday

Thursday my dad had some research to do, so my mom and my siblings went to a nature reserve. We checked out the center, then went out to the driving trails they had. It was super cool. We saw turtles, butterflies, and a bear. Yeah, a real one. Thankfully, we were in the car. It was awesome. It only could have been better if we saw an alligator, but none showed up.


Afterwords, we went to the beach. We didn't get in the water, because it was a little rough, but we found shells and played for a while. It was lovely, and I didn't get a sunburn! (I always get sunburns.)

The only beach pic I took. I was trying to enjoy it more than photograph it

Finally, we got Black Panther and watched it at our AirBnB. I loved it. So amazing. And so much girl power.

Friday

Friday was our big work day. We're filming a project on the Wright brothers and this was the day to do that. We met up with a local historian and filmed all morning, mostly in the rain. It was good, though.

The memorial

We went back home to dry off and get lunch, then we went back out to see the statues at the Wright brother's memorial and climb the hill to see the memorial. It's huge, by the way. But it was good.

The statues

Saturday

This was our last day in the Outer Banks. As a celebration, we got Duck Donuts. Oh. My. Gosh. If you're ever near one, especially the original (that we went to), get them. You won't regret it. I got a peanut butter chocolate one and a vanilla oreo one and they were both delicious. Then we stopped by the beach again on the way back.

Then after that it was just driving straight home. We even got back sooner than we expected. Our cat was so happy to see us.

Let's talk! Have you been to the Outer Banks? What's something on your bucket list you'd love to do? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. I dearly love VA, especially the Williamsburg area. But I've never been to the Outer Banks :(

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have the chance to go, you should. It's beautiful, especially if you get away from the touristy areas.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts