My Favorite Fictional Couples

My Favorite Fictional Couples

Who doesn't love a cute couple? Even if things might not always be realistic for them, that doesn't mean we don't enjoy it any less. Seeing couples be adorable makes me so happy. So today I thought I'd share a few (or more) of my favorite couples from books and movies.




Percy and Annabeth


Have I made my love for this pairing clear yet? I love how they've gradually become closer and closer and now they're going to college together. They're so comfortable with each other, plus it's such a clean romance. It can be done, people.


Hiccup and Astrid

Another simply adorable couple. They've been through a lot of stuff, but it only makes them a stronger couple. I especially like watching their romance bloom in Race to the Edge and their comfortable ease in HTTYD 2. I can only hope it's as good in number three.


Faramir and Eowyn

I don't know why I like this couple, but I do. There's something about that love at first sight that's so beautiful. I love how they helped each other to heal and become whole again. I would say they're one of my favorite couples in LoTR (along with several others).


Lance and Allura

This is a lesser known pair from Voltron: Legendary Defender. They've only been an item in season eight (sorry if you haven't seen that far), but I've shipped them since they first met. Both have grown so much since the first season and I love them together. Lance is so protective and just wants to make Allura feel loved, which is adorable. I feel like squealing every time they do something cute.


Beren and Luthien

Another often forgotten couple from Middle Earth. I love this one especially because they're based off of Tolkien and his wife. How much sweeter does it get? Plus they have such an epic love story. I hope to get to reading the book about them soon.


Tony and Pepper

The MCU hasn't had a lot of steady couples in the last ten years, except for this one. I love the fact that they're still together after all this time, and seeming to be just as in love as they first were. They're a perfect pairing because they're such opposites and can balance each other out.


John and Mary

Such a heartbreaking couple. I love the ups and downs their relationship went through and that precious moment when John decides that Mary's past doesn't matter and that she is his to protect now. And then season four happened. We don't talk about that.

Sorry, couldn't find a pic of them

Martin and Rose

Any other Redwall fans out there? Then you'll probably know this couple from the book Martin the Warrior. I fell in love with the two of them from the first moment they met. They were so perfect. And then she died. She died! It was one of the first times a book broke my heart.


Thorne and Cress

Of all the couples in the Lunar Chronicles, I think this is my favorite. Mostly because they're so opposite and not at all the sort that you would think would end up together. She's smart and curious, and he's a scoundrel (a lovable one, though). He would do anything to protect her, and I think that's one of the sweetest things a guy can do. I also think I love Thorne because he reminds me of Flynn Rider, one of my favorite Disney princes.


Han and Leia

I couldn't go through this post without mentioning my favorite Star Wars couple. Again, it's the whole opposites attract thing. He's a hot-headed pirate, and she's a diplomatic princess with a temper. Even though they've had some troubles with their marriage, I love those simple gestures that let you know they still love each other.



You know, looking at this list, I have a propensity for liking couples that end in tragedy. Either I have a problem or the writers of said couples do. This was fun, and I could probably even do a part two if I wanted to someday.



Who are some of your favorite couples? What sorts of things do you like to see? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

Character Breakdown: Hiccup Haddock
My Favorite Book Tropes


Comments

  1. It's not you, it's the writers. It's definitely the writers. THESE ARE ALL ADORABLE *clears throat in attempt to gather dignity* I mean, they're all quite cute. Even the ones I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. Why must the writers torture us like this? Not that I've done anything similar . . .

      Delete
  2. YOU AND I HAVE SO MANY SAME FAVORITE COUPLES. EEEEEE!!!
    (I'm on season 4 of Voltron and YES YES YES I KNEW ALLURA AND LANCE WERE A THING. <333)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Cress and Thorne (My favorite Lunar Chronicles couple, too!!) and Han and Leia!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts