September 2020 Recap

September 2020 Recap

At this point, March feels like both yesterday and twelve years ago. I still don't know how we've reached the end of September. The year is getting closer to being over, not that that will really help fix anything. But anyway, let's take a look at what I've been up to.


What I Did

• Celebrated my parent's 24th anniversary. My siblings and I recreated some old photos for them and took a nice picture to go with it. It was a little chaotic to get together, but fun to do and they liked it.

• Prayed a lot about whether I should change jobs. I'm still unsure, but I feel like it's time to move on from my job. So I guess we'll see what happens.

• Enjoyed the changing weather. It's been getting a bit cooler here, and there are even a few trees starting to change color. I'm looking forward to full on fall.

Reading

My reading this month was poor due to the fact that I'm reading a 600 page book on the Inklings which I have to finish by the beginning of October. I'm still a bit disappointed in myself, though.

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy- Ally Carter (4 stars)

The Piper's Pursuit- Melanie Dickerson (5 stars)

Six of Crows- Leigh Bardugo (4 stars)

Watched

Harriet (a really good movie covering Harriet's escape and help as an Underground railroad conductor)

X-Men: Apocalypse (not the best X-Men movie, but enjoyable)

Batman and Robin (what. even. is. this?)

Halloweentown (rather cheesy, but some cool elements)

Night at the Museum (it was quite fun to revisit this old favorite)

On the Blog

• If you missed it, I launched my newsletter this month! You can find the form in the sidebar to sign up if you're interested in writing updates and other fun stuff. Plus, you'll get an exclusive short story.

• Kind of unsurprisingly, my book review of A Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes had the most views this month, followed up by my thoughts on 2019 movies.

• I also hosted my first giveaway on Instagram to celebrate reaching 200 followers. That went well and I'm so happy about it. (You should follow me there. Lots of lovely book pictures.)

Writing

• I finally finished my first edits on Horsemen and Hollows and sent it to my sister to critique. She sent back her thoughts, so now I have to work on those, if I have time.

• I have also started pre-writing on my NaNoWriMo novel for this year. It hasn't gotten very far yet. It's a Peter Pan inspired story, only a lot of the genders are reversed. It's not as weird as it sounds and I hope it comes out okay.

Art

Still a bit slow on the art side as well, but I did do this inspired outfit from Trollhunters. It came out pretty cool, I think.


October Thoughts

• I need to prep for NaNoWriMo. With my crazy schedule, I'm going to have to put in more thought than normal so I can accomplish my goal.

• I want to watch a bunch of Halloween and Peter Pan movies. Don't know where I'll find the time for them, but I'll figure it out. I also hope to get more reading done once I'm done my Inkling book.

• I hope to participate in Inktober as well, because I'm crazy like that. My goal will three to four times a week, and I'm thinking of doing a character theme this year.

• Continue praying and looking to decide about work. I pray God would show me the path he wants me to take.


How was your September? Have things been slow or crazy for you? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. Sounds like a busy month for you. Hope whatever you decide about your job works out. My month wasn't too busy kind normal but I kept busy enough. I do follow you on Instagram, 😉. I've been reading the bible so I haven't read any books this month. I'm planning on getting a few read in October.
    Have a nice crisp October!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you had a good month. Reading through the Bible is always good. Hope you have a good October as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Aww, recreating pictures sounds like so much fun!!! Yesss, fall is finally here I am so excited. :D Congrats on launching your newsletter!!! I signed up for it-it looks so lovely already!!! :D That art piece looks so coooooooooooool. :D I hope everything goes well with your work situation-I'll be praying for you too. :) My September was crazy, but rlly good!!! I got to fly out and visit friend in CO, which was a lot of fun. :D I hope you have a great October!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for signing up and for your prayers. I'm so happy you got to see a friend. Not enough of that has been happening this year. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts