May 2020 Recap

May 2020 Recap

Why is it already almost June? May was over in a blink. Also, it's getting hot and who knows if pools will even open this year? Let's just get on to the recap.


What I Did


• Continued staying at home. My work is has been shut for over two months now and I still haven't had word when we're reopening. It's been hard to keep being patient and waiting and not knowing anything about the next few months will bring. We have been able to see my grandparents, which is nice, even if all I want to do is give them big hugs.

• I got to go to church again. We started doing outdoor church at one of our member's house and it's been nice to see everyone. And since we're meeting in person, we can do the Lord's Supper as well.

• I went to Target. I know, momentous occasion. It was fun, even if I had to wear a mask. Please tell me I'm not the only one who hates the mask thing? I hate wearing them in stores and I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I have to work in them.

• Took my brother's senior photos in Virginia. I can't believe he's graduating. When did I get so old? I also did a photoshoot with my sister, for fun.

• I got a new dresser. Since my old one had exactly three drawers and was about that many feet high, it was time for an upgrade. I found a beautiful one someone was giving away for free and painted it white. It looks great.

• I made some jewelry. Some earrings and necklaces. Having extra time certainly gives me more time for my many hobbies.

Read


The Wee Free Men- Terry Pratchett (4 stars)

A Hat Full of Sky- Terry Pratchett (4 stars)

A Tale of Time City- Diana Wynne Jones (4 stars)

The Islands of Chaldea- Diana Wynne Jones (4 stars)

The Silmarillion- J. R. R. Tolkien (5 stars)

The Chronicles of Chrestomanci Volume 1- Diana Wynne Jones (4 stars)

Geekerella- Ashley Poston (4 stars)

The Chronicles of Chrestomanci Volume 2- Diana Wynne Jones (5 stars)

Watched

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (not as good as the first one, but some cool things)

Twitches

Twitches Too (rather cheesy mid-2000s DCOMs)

The Wolverine (pretty cool, honestly, if a bit gross in places)

The Shaggy D.A. (something my mom watched as a kid)

Back to the Future

Back to the Future II

Back to the Future III (yeah, we binged all of them. They were all super fun and enjoyable)

Writing

• Last week I finished my re-write of Lost Magic. It took longer than I anticipated, but I think the new version works a lot better. It came out shorter than I hoped, but I know I'll probably add a lot of words in editing.

Art

May means MerMay on the interwebs. I'd never participated, but I thought it might be fun to try this year. I did about ten drawings and I'm pretty proud of all of them. But since there are so many, I think I'll give them their own post, maybe as a bonus on Saturday, so stay tuned.

A little tease to tie you over

Other than that, I did this project, hand-lettering all the songs on Taylor Swift's Lover album. It was very fun to design and do. It took me a while, but the result is great.


My bujo theme for May was Star Wars, so I did these fun spreads in it. A collage and this painting of BB-8. Both were fun and outside of my normal in my journal, although I might incorporate these things more.




Oh yeah, and I painted these nut shells I found on a nature walk. Who knew I could paint a tiny sunset?




June Thoughts

• Hopefully go back to work. It'll be hard, but at least I'll be making money again. And feel mildly useful.

• Go to the library when it reopens and get a ton of books. I shall strive to have some self-control.

• I'll start working a new writing project, which I'll decide soon. I'm thinking I'll work on editing something.

• Work on reading through the stack of books on my bed shelf before I go back to the library. And start the Hobbit, the next book on my Tolkien TBR.

• And again, who knows what else. It's so hard to know what we'll actually be able to do. All I know is that things will keep changing and I'll start going out in the world more.

• I might also take a blogging break in the next month or two. I just feel like I need some time to recharge my creative juices in that area.


What did you do in May? Have you binged through any books or movies? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

My Problem with Action Movies

Writing During Hard Times

Comments

  1. Your bullet journal looks so awesome! The Star Wars theme is great! Your MerMay picture is so neat, she's a character from Clone Wars, right?

    Last year my sister and I watched the Back to the Future trilogy, and we'd seen the original before, but it as fun to watch the other two finally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, it's Ahsoka, my favorite Clone Wars character. I'd seen the original Back to the Future too, and it was fun to see how things turned out. :)

      Delete
  2. I just saw the second Maleficent as well.
    I've seen the Shaggy DA. A ton of times. It's really good. I like your star wars journal look!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bullet journal and the hickory nut looks amazing! And I have to work in masks. It sucks. XP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They were fun to do. Let's hope we can all get through this mask wearing madness soon.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts