Mission Impossible: Ranked

Mission Impossible: Ranked

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been quite enjoying ranking various books and film franchises.  I'm back today with another ranking post for one of my favorite movie series- Mission: Impossible. We've talked about them before (those posts are linked at the end) so I'll get straight into the post.


 Mission: Impossible 2

If you were to skip one of the movies, skip this one. It's easily the worst. It drags, the plot is convoluted, and the camera work isn't great. Not to mention that awful haircut. But there are a few good action sequences.




 Mission: Impossible

I'm not saying this is a bad movie. Other than 2, I think they're all great. But I enjoyed some of the later movies better.

That being said, this is the classic. It has it all. The masks. The stunts. That drop that everyone mimics. Tension, action, and a strong plot. It's hard not to love.




 Mission: Impossible- Fallout

The latest and most heart-stopping movie. That climax is amazing (even if it does change aspect ration a lot). The whole gang is together, including Henry Cavill with the infamous mustache. However, I feel like the plot and stunts weren't quite as good as its predecessors.




 Mission: Impossible 3

I love this one because it's the one with Debbie and she and Ethan are adorable. It's really emotional and one of the best use of masks, I think. It's also cool to see Ethan fighting for his wife, rather than just saving the world (even if that's a side benefit). Although the villain's death is a bit anticlimactic.

And this is why my siblings and I say Tom Cruise could outrun any threat



 Mission: Impossible- Rogue Nation

4 and 5 are my favorites. Rogue Nation introduces Ilsa, another spy who is absolutely fabulous. Not only that, it's tense and with tons of great action sequences and near death *wink wink* experiences. We also get to see Ethan go up against one of his most formidable opponents.




 Mission: Impossible- Ghost Protocol

I've probably seen this one four times. It's my siblings and my favorite. It's just that good. It's strong from beginning to end, with a great flow between sections. And it has an amazing ending. Even if I do get a bit queasy watching Tom Cruise hang off the side of that building. It's soo high. This one also introduces Jeremy Renner! He's awesome!


If you're looking for a new series to watch, give this one a try. My family enjoyed it and it's a great movie night choice. Now I want to rewatch a bunch of them.


Which movie is your favorite? Is there a series you think I should rank? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. Great post! These movies are so good. Ghost Protocol is my favorite, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number two was the worst. I don't know what happened, but I'm glad they learned for the third one.
    I think my ranking of them is essentially the same, the fourth one is so funny and quotable and I love how emotion packed and tense the third one is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, but thankfully that didn't ruin the franchise. I agree about three and four.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts