NaNoWriMo Final Update

NaNoWriMo Final Update

Writing

Final Word Count: 54,222 words

Completed On: November 26, 2019

One Final Snippet: “Would you put that thing away?” she says.

“The people will want to know what happens,” I say, climbing a few more rungs. “Don’t worry, I’ll just set it on the edge of the roof or something when I get up there. Get a nice wide angle so it catches all the action.”

“You truly want your tragic defeat to be recorded for all eternity?”

“No, but my epic victory, that’s a different story. Not that you would appreciate good cinematography judging on the video you shot to set up our meeting.”

“What was wrong with it? It got the job done, didn’t it?”

“Yeah, but- hold this a second, would you?”


Overall Mood

Writing: I think this is one of the smoothest NaNoWriMos I've had in terms of writing. I never had any major blocks or issues. Sure, I forgot some scenes and it definitely didn't come out the way I wanted (do they ever?), but that's what editing is for. I had a lot of fun writing it.

Life: On the life side, however, things haven't been as great. I feel under a lot of stress right now, especially at work due to the upcoming holidays, and that hasn't made things very enjoyable. I have had some highlights, like meeting Marissa Meyer this month and Thanksgiving yesterday, so it wasn't all bad. I'm just ready for this stressful season of life to be done.


How did NaNoWriMo go for you? How's your month been? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. That is so great you had some good writing. Sorry about the stress. That is never good.
    November has been ok. I got sick the last week in November and that hasn't been fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you got sick. That sucks. :( I hope December goes better for you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts