Ranking All the Cinderella Story Movies!

Ranking All the Cinderella Stories!

I wanted something easy to do today, so I thought I'd do something fun. My sister and I have been obsessed with the Cinderella Story movies since we found the first one on Netflix, and since there are now five of them, I thought it could be fun to rank them from my least favorite to my favorite. Sure, they're all basically the same, but it's fun to see how each one plays out. If I enjoy this, maybe I'll make some more in the future.



5. A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song

It was a close pick on which movie would get bottom spot. Not to say that I haven't liked any of them, but some have been better than others. I picked this one for the bottom because for me it felt the most flat. I did enjoy the touches of Cyrano de Bergerac that it included. But the step family was extra annoying and Lucy Hale isn't my favorite actress. I also don't get the Bollywood number in the middle.


4. A Cinderella Story: Christmas Wish

This is the latest installment and you can kind of tell they're running low on ideas (I have some, if they're interested). It scraped out above Once Upon a Song because I like the actress better and I thought the romance was pretty cute. I also feel like this was the least annoying step-family and it had some good musical numbers.


3. A Cinderella Story: If the Shoe Fits

My two and three spots are also very close. I like them all a lot. This one gets the middle place, however. It starts Sofia Carson, which means lots of fabulous dancing and singing. This one features a classic character pretends to be two people and the love interest falls in love with one. And not the real one. It's especially interesting because there's literally a Cinderella play involved.


2. Another Cinderella Story

This movie got second place because I absolutely adore the chemistry between Selena Gomez's character, Mary, and Joey, her love interest. They were so cute together. And in this version, they learn each other's identities quite early on, giving a unique twist to the story. There's more singing and more dancing and it's very fun all over.


1. A Cinderella Story

You guessed it. The original movie got top spot. What a surprise. But it's such a classic movie that I think every girl should see. It has heart, humor, and does a great job at making the story of Cinderella relatable to a modern audience. Hilary Duff does a great job and the whole thing is superb. Her best friend in the movie (who is a boy, interestingly enough), is the sort of friend everyone should have. Even if it does make you painfully aware of how little technology was available in 2004.


Have you watched an Cinderella Stories? Do you have a favorite? And should I rank anything else? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

Excellent Stand-Alone Movies You Should Watch

10 Movies Nothing Like the Book

Comments

Popular Posts