October 2019 Recap

October 2019 Recap

Welcome back to another monthly recap. I know it's a bit late, but it's been a busy end of month and I haven't had time to write this until now. And that's fine by me.




What I Did

• Went to DC a few times. The first time to a media preview with my dad, the second time to see some exhibits on Renascence art and a pastel art. The latter really made me want to break out my pastels again to play around with.

Feelin' fabulous at the art gallery

• I got to go to Air and Scare again this year. I dressed up as Taylor Swift, reusing the costume from my birthday. Afterwords we went to our church's Reformation Day party.


• Had a quiet Halloween going to work, dressing up as a cat, and making witch hat cupcakes to enjoy.


• I carved my yearly pumpkin, choosing the Nightmare Before Christmas for my theme. And for the mini pumpkin I painted, I made the TARDIS.



Read

Love, Hate, and Other Filters- Samira Ahmed (2 stars)

The Screwtape Letters- C. S. Lewis (5 stars)

The King of Clonmel- John Flanigan (4 stars)

Pan's Labrynth- Cornelia Funke and Guillermo del Toro (4 stars)

Daughter of Smoke and Bone- Laini Taylor (4 stars)

The Graveyard Book- Neil Gaiman (5 stars)

Dreamland Burning- Jennifer Latham (4 stars)

Pride- Ibi Zoboi (3 1/2 stars)

Watched

Men in Black (finally got to watch this classic)

Men in Black II (definitely not as good as number one)

Men in Black 3 (a surprisingly good third movie)

Monty Python and the Holy Grail (absolutely hilarious and why haven't I watched this before?)

Shazam! (a lot darker and different than the trailers looked)

Godzilla: King of Monsters (I found this one actually boring)

Aladdin (I'm in love. Almost everything was perfect.)

On the Blog

My most popular post this month has been my one on writing a training sequence. I had a lot of fun writing it and I'm glad people are finding it helpful. In other news, my Instagram is stalling again (so annoying), but I have been getting a bigger following on Twitter, even if not a lot of interaction yet.

And a quick talk about my November blog schedule. I'm planning to do a weekly NaNo update, and beyond that, I don't know. If I have time, I'll probably do a post, but if not, I'm not going to worry about it.

Writing

My month was spent solely focusing on NaNoWriMo prep. At the beginning of the month I had so much still to do that I was feeling a bit worried, but I got it all done in the end. I wrote an outline, did character arcs, and learned more than I needed about octopuses.

Art

October is also Inktober, if you didn't know. I did participate in that, even if it may not have been the best idea this year. I'll probably do a dump of all the pictures I did for that later on in November, since y'all seem to enjoy that.

Other than that, I drew my hero and my villain for my novel, so here they are.






November Thoughts

• Panicking because there are only two months left in the year and I have a novel to write and Christmas gifts to get and so much to do still. But I will also take time to slow down and relax (I hope).

• I plan on writing my novel (duh) and hopefully completing NaNoWriMo for my fifth year.

• I'm finally getting back into my splits, so I want to work on those more.

• And who knows what else? We're just going with things at this point, people.


What have you done this month? How was your Halloween? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

Great Stand-Alone Books to Read

It's So Classic Tag

Comments

Popular Posts